Vickie’s Spinach Dip Bread Bowl
It’s party time with this bread dippin’ spinach dip. It’s one of our favorite snacks for race day or game day. And it’s easy to make.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 8oz Sour Cream
- 4 tblspns Miracle Whip
- ½ pkg French Onion Mix
- 10oz Drained and thawed Frozen SpinachFor Serving
- 1 large round bread loaf (I like using sourdough, but neo-Tuscan Boule is just as good.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. This allows the dip to soak into the onion mix.
- Remove from fridge and mix thoroughly, then set aside.Bread Bowl:
- Cut a small circular bowl in the center of the bread loaf. About 1 to 2 inches from the bottom of the loaf.
- Carefully pull the center section out of the loaf, making sure to leave a half-inch base in the bottom of the bowl.
- Place the newly formed bowl, in the center of a large serving tray. You’ll need about 3 to 4 inches of space around the bowl for the dipping pieces.
- Tear the pulled center section apart into finger size pieces for dipping. About 1 to 2 inches square. I prefer the pulled look, but you can also cut the bite sizes for a cleaner look.
- Place the pieces around the bread bowl.
- Stir the filling and then spoon the dip into the bread bowl.
- Serve while the dip is still cold.
- Add sliced carrots or any of your favorite veggies to give the dip some vibrant color.
- If you have left-overs, place the remaining bread bowl, with dip, into a large ziplock bag and refrigerate. Place left over bread dipping pieces, in a ziplock bag and store at room temperature. Don’t keep longer than 3 days.