Vickie’s Beef or Chicken Burritos – with White Queso
As we’ve gotten older, really hot food has become a problem. Especially for me. But we still love Mexican food. So we’ve come up with alternative recipes for our favorite dishes. This is one of those recipes. Of course you can make a few alterations to this recipe and hotten it up for those in your house who like spicy food.
This is just my quick and easy burritos with White Queso sauce. To make this a big family meal, think about adding some Spanish rice on the side.
Aidan’s White Queso Sauce
- 1 lbs Bison Burger or Chicken (sliced into strips)
- 1 jar Tostitos Mild Salsa
- 1 tblspn El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 8 Tortilla Shells
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Mix
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat,
- brown the Bison burger. Drain when cooked. or
- Cook the chicken. Drain when cooked, then pull the strips apart into pieces.
- Add the Salsa and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the Taco seasoning over the mix and again stir thoroughly.
- Cook the mix to boil off the excess water from the salsa. Then remove from heat.
- In each Tortilla, spoon the meat onto the shell.
- Sprinkle a bit of the shredded cheese over the meat.
- Form the Burrito
Roll the shell over the meat to the center of the Tortilla.
Fold the ends of the shell in, then finish rolling the tortilla to the end.
- Place the formed Burritos onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Place 1 or 2 burritos onto a plate, and cover them with White Queso Sauce.
You can add a variety of things to your burrito meat.
- For a spicier burrito, exchange the Mild salsa with any variation of Heat.
- Add drained sweet corn with the salsa.
- Serve Hot