My Racing Musings
We’re not professional reporters or sports commentators/critics. But both my Man and I are authors and we tend to write our thoughts and musings out on paper (well on the screen).
I haven’t decided how much racing and specifically my NASCAR musings I’m going to put here on Springwolf’s Creations. But we’ll see what happens.
My passionate distraction began when I was rather young, 12 to be exact. My first favorite driver was Darrell Waltrip in his rookie year, 1973. So when I say I’m a long time fan, and it has been a LONG time!
Back then I also watched Indy racing with some big names like A.J. Foyt, Mario Andretti, LeeRoy Yarbrough, Johnny Rutherford and Wally Dallenbach, Sr. to name a few. I simply loved any kind of car racing!
Today my passion revolves around 3-Time Sprint Cup Champion Tony Stewart (Smoke), driver of the #14 Stewart-Haas Racing Chevy. He began his cup career in 1999, his first cup win was at our local track, Richmond and that’s also his favorite track. And he was the 1999 Rookie of the Year.
While I’m still a huge fan of Smoke, he retired from the Nascar series in 2016. It has been hard to find a new driver to fill his shoes, at least for me. I’ve lost my favorite driver and settled on cheering for the drivers of his team Stewart-Haas Racing. But it’s really not the same. ::sigh::
My significant other’s favorite driver is a DaleJr fan, so we’re also part of JrNation! And our son’s favorite driver is RocketMan Ryan Newman. And of course we have our up and coming favorites too. Kyle Larson and Chase Elliott in particular.
Because of Smoke, we’ve also become very interested in Dirt Racing. I’m still learning about how all that works, but I’m getting there. It’s exciting to watch to say the least! And now that my favorite guy has bought the All Star Circuit of Champions, I’m sure that’s going to expand and grow by leaps and bounds.
Here begins my personal perspectives, thoughts and random musings of racing in general and NASCAR specifically. Its races, drivers, their personalities, triumphs and shenanigans.
My NASCAR Musings Here on my little blog:
- Is Nascar A Sport? Are Nascar Drivers Athletes? – Updated: March 2021
- Tony Stewart’s Log Home “Hidden Hollow” – April 27, 2014 (Continuously updated)
- Hidden Hallow Controversies – December 12, 2014
- Why I Love NASCAR – July 13, 2014
- One Degree of Separation – From Tony Stewart – August 5, 2014
- When Tragedy Strikes Racing – Everyone Feels The Sorrow – August 10, 2014
- NASCAR 2015 Schedule – Released – August 26, 2014
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People – Living With Guilt And Sorrow – August 28, 2014
- Smoke Returns To The Track – Starting The Healing – August 31, 2014
- Grand Jury Determines “No basis to charge” – Tony Stewart Is Free And Clear – September 25, 2014
- Hidden Hollow Controversy – Well Not Really – December 13, 2014
- 2014 Our Best Day Ever – Final Count – Thanks Smoke for “Hidden Hollow” – December 15, 2014
- Out Of The Mouths Of Babes – Kids Say The Darnedest Things About Tony Stewart – February 5, 2015
- Getting NASCAR Calendar Reminders – Add The Schedule To YOUR Calendar – February 25, 2015
- Tony Stewart’s Plane – NASCAR Flying – May 6, 2015
- Share A Coke – It’s The Little Things – June 18, 2015
- NASCAR – Shortens Xfinity Series Race – April 23, 2016
- 3-Time NASCAR Champ Inducted Into USAC Hall of Fame – June 17, 2016
- NASCAR – Indy Builds Dirt Track For Tony – June 28, 2016
- NASCAR – Fireworks War At Hidden Hollow – June 28, 2016
- Tony Stewart Breaks Winless Streak At Sonoma – June 29, 2016
- Indy Reveals Dirt Track For Tony Stewart – July 5, 2016
- What Smoke Means To Race Fans – July 25, 2016
NASCAR Musing @ EvilWordsmith
Most of our commentary has had its home on my Man’s blog EvilWordsmith.com. But there are a few items there that are worth highlighting here.
- The Best Nascar Invocation – Ever! – July 23, 2011
- Why Nascar Fans Don’t Like Danica – March 25, 2012
- Is It Time To Evolve Our Opinion Of Danica? – February 10, 2013
- Tony Stewart Enters An Exclusive Club – January 30, 2013
- Historic Nascar Truck Race On Dirt – Eldora Race Format – April 10, 2013
- NASCAR Nicknames – What’s In A Name? – February 14, 2014 (we try to keep this updated)
Some of Our Favorite Racing Links:
If you like following racing news and especially if you like Tony Stewart; here are some places to go for information, news or simply people to follow on Twitter:
Leave a comment
© 1997-2021 Springwolf, D.D., Ph.D., Springwolf’s Creations. All Rights Reserved.