Garrett’s Momma’s Sweet Jack Sauce
Unlike men in the house, I can’t handle a lot of “hot” foods. So Gary decided to try his hand at making a home-made mild sweet bar-b-que sauce just for me.
We had gone to a local steak house in Virginia who serve their own version of a Jack Daniels bbq sauce. It was nice, but way to hot for me. I was fairly disappointed, because it truly smelled so GOOD. That inspired Gary to make a new sauce.
It goes great on chicken, beef and everything in between!
Preparation Time: 1¼ hours
Makes a bit less than 12 oz.
- 1 tspn liquid smoke
- 1¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup Jack Daniels
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 tblspn apple cider vinegar
- 2 tblspn lemon juice
- ¾ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tblspn soy sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 12 tspn pepper
- ½ tspn dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tblspn salt
- ½ tspn cayenne pepper
- Mix all dry ingredients into a large sauce pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the pan on the stove, on medium heat.
- Add all the wet ingredients stirring each one into the sauce as you go.
- Simmer for 30 minutes (DO NOT BOIL).
- Stir and simmer for another 30 minutes.
Stir the mix about every 10 minutes in this last phase of cooking.
- Store in a glass bottle/jar.
- Keep stored in the fridge between servings.
- If you can’t used crushed garlic, try 1/8 tspn powdered garlic
- Serving Instructions:
- Shake sauce well before use.
- If sauce is too thick to pour out of the fridge, warm it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds.