Vickie’s Green Beans and Potatoes
A classic way to spruce up your vegetables. Beef stew is a popular favorite in my family. But sometimes stew isn’t really what you want.
One very cold winter day, we just wanted to warm up the house. Too snowy to take to the country roads. It was time to open the freezer and the cabinets to find something good for dinner.
Cleaning out the pantry, we found a sack of potatoes and some green beans in the freezer. And a dinner side dish, became dinner.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes, 3 hours to cook.
- 1 lg. frozen bag of green beans
- ½ small onion (finely chopped)
- 3 large potatoes (squared)
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 tblspn butter/margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a large stew pot.
- Add enough hot water to cover vegetables, plus 1 inch.
- Cook on medium heat for a minimum of 3 hours. Ensure the potatoes are soft, but not mushy.
- Continually check and add water as needed .
- Drain excess water from vegetables.
- Pour into a serving dish and top with a dab of butter/margarine
- Serve warm.
© 1997-2018 Springwolf, D.D., Ph.D., Springwolf’s Creations. All Rights Reserved.