Vickie’s Fried Potatoes
Guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds. One summer night, we were grilling chicken for an outdoor dinner overlooking the lake. Tired of the usual side dish, we all wanted something different. Our problem, no one wanted to go to the store after a day in the water.
We came up with an idea to cook up some potato slices. But plain potatoes just wasn’t enough. And our Fried potatoes were born.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/2 small onion cubed or diced
– You can use McCormick’s Minced Onion instead
- 1 tablespoons of diced sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon of diced parsley
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 stick of margarine (not butter)
- Place the margarine in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Dice the onion add to the skillet and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the basil, parsley, pepper and salt.
- In the meantime, slice the potatoes into flat sections about 1/8 inch thick
- Spread the potatoes in the skillet.
- Gently mix the sautéed butter and potatoes to ensure each slice is covered.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes until soft or to desired consistency.
- You can add or replace any of the spices with your own favorites.
- Also you might like adding bacon bits