Vickie’s Corned Beef & Gravy
A quick and easy meal that pleases the pallet and sticks to the ribs. My boys love this dish and it’s always a fall and winter time favorite. It’s especially good after a cold day of sledding!
I like it because it’s quick and easy to make. Not to mention, it’s one of the cheapest meals to make when you’re weekly budget is already a little stretched.
Preparation & Cook Time: 30 minutes
- ¼ tblsn of butter or margarine
- 1 lbs Corned Beef from the deli
- ¼ c all purpose flour
- 2 c of milk (we use 2% milk)
- Black pepper to taste
- DO NOT add salt. You’ll have enough salt from the corned beef
- Buttered Toast
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Don’t let it burn.
- Cut or tear the corned beef into bite sized pieces. Add it to the butter.
- Add the flour and pepper, mix until the butter has been soaked up in the flour.
- Add the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the mix to boil, stirring constantly until thick.
- While you’re waiting for the gravy to boil, fix your buttered toast.
- Thickness is up to you.
If it’s too thick, add a little more milk (1/4 cup at time).
If it’s too thin, add flour (1 tspn at a time).
- Serve Hot.
- You can have this corned beef gravy plain in a bowl, over dinner rolls or buttered toast.
- Serve with Green Beans, Sweet Corn, Glazed Carrots or whatever your favorite veggie side dish may be.
- Consider sauteing chopped onions, carrot slices or broccoli pieces with the corned beef to add a veggie flair.