GrandMa Great’s Hot Toddy Cold Remedy
I’m not sure where we got this recipe, but it’s a Holland favorite. We’ve used it on several occasions and it truly works on a sore throat and helps you rest during a cold.
We think Gary found it in his GrandMa Great’s papers. So we’re going to attribute it to her.
Preparation time: 5 minutes Ingredients
- 2 oz Jack Daniels Whiskey (not Jack Daniels Honey)
- 1 tblspn honey
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- 4 oz water
- Pour Jack Daniels into a hot safe mug and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the water to boiling.
- Reduce heat and add the lemon and honey.
- Stir until honey is dissolved in the water.
- Pour heated mixture into the mug with the Jack Daniels and stir.
- Add a slice of Lemon or a cinnamon stick if desired
Serve hot, and enjoy, preferably while you’re under a nice warm blanket!
You might also like Maw Stoots’s recipe to Rum out a Cold.
- Any whiskey brand will do.
- You can divide the water measurement into
- 1 oz lemon juice
- with 3 oz water
- Instead of a lemon you can use lime. But don’t use orange.
- You can stir with cinnamon sticks.
- Honey is a natural antiseptic and cough suppressant. It’s the one thing you shouldn’t trade out in your hot toddy.