GrandMa Sandy’s Green Bean Casserole
A perfect way to spice up your veggies. For Gary’s family, holidays often included this bean casserole that makes every celebration a little extra special.
It’s simple to make and is often found on southern tables for fall and winter dinners, or spring and summer picnics. It’s become a family favorite for the Hollands.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
- 2 med size cans of cut green beans
- (or 1 lbs frozen cut green beans)
- 1 can Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can of milk
(use the mushroom can to measure)
- 1 tsp of black pepper (or to taste)
- 1lg. container of French’s French Fried Onion Rings
- Pre-heat oven 375
- Toss all ingredients together into a 2 qt. baking dish
– Use only half of the onions rings in the mix. Reserve the rest for topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then remove from oven.
– If you used frozen green beans, bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Spread the remaining onion rings evenly on the top of the casserole.
- Return the casserole to the oven and continue baking until brown and crunchy.
(about 15 more minutes).
- Serve hot